This article has links to products and services we recommend, which we may make a commission from.
Street food quotes have a way of capturing the novel experiences of street foods that feed the soul.
Street foods eaten amongst locals in unremarkable places take us to the core of a destination’s local food culture.
With this list of street food quotes, we aim to inspire the adventurous eater within to savor local and authentic food experiences.
Enjoy these local street food quotes, funny street food quotes, including street food date quotes.
Whether you are dreaming about street food or eating the delicious flavors, here are 74 food captions to capture the moments.
All-Time Best Street Food Quotes
Click and easily jump to the street food quotes below. And, if you like any of these food and travel quotes, you can save any of them.
Simply hover over the photos and feel free to Pin them on Pinterest!
Best Street Food Quotes
Street foods help you explore further. Take you down to flavors and places you wouldn’t ordinarily seek out.
These foods and street food vendors uniquely capture the delicious essence of a place.
Enjoy these street food captions that capture the important contributions of street foods.
1. “There will not be peace until access to the kebab is universal.” – Kofi Annan
2. “To have a basic ingredient that can be prepared a million different ways is a beautiful thing” – Alice Waters
3. “Life is a balance between getting enough rest and eating so much street food.” – Anonymous
4.” Sometimes the tastiest food is usually served in not so inviting venues” – Authentic Food Quest
5. “Those who say money can’t buy happiness have never tried street food in their lives.” – Anonymous
6. “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” – Paul Prudhomme
7. “Life is like a sandwich. You have to fill it with the best ingredients.” – Anonymous
8. “Today’s food trucks are far from cheap eats on wheels; there are some seriously gourmet offerings on four wheels.” – Tyler Florence
9. “Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul, and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.” – Tom Robbins
10. “One must acknowledge the contribution that the kebab has made to this nation.” – Queen Elizabeth II
11. “People think they need to pay big bucks to find delicious food. They don’t know good food is just on the street.”- Anonymous
12. “There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.” – Kevin James
13. “A true traveler will go for street food for a bite of local culture.” – Authentic Food Quest
14. “A burger is a black dress; a kebab is a Met Gala gown.” – Samin Nosrat
15. “Life is too short to miss out on beautiful things like a double cheeseburger.” – Channing Tatum
16. “The true cost to the world of a burger is far greater than the money you hand over to buy it.” – Richard Branson
17. “In Sicily, where food is love and the street is a stage street food is more than a cheap meal; it’s Communion.” – Theresa Maggio
18. “Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start.”- Anthony Bourdain
19. “A hamburger is an icon of layered circles, the circle being at once the most spiritual and the most sensual of shapes.” – Tom Robbins
20. “A man cannot have a pure mind who refuses apple dumplings.” – Charles Lamb
21. “Eating has to be fun.” – Jose Andres
Funny Street Food Quotes
Food should be fun and every next meal should be a treat for the senses. These funny street quotes are perfect captions for tasty and delicious dishes.
22. “I love pizza. I want to marry it, but it would just be to eat her family at the wedding.” – Anonymous
23. “Tacos are like what the voices of a hundred angels singing Bob Dylan while sitting on rainbows and playing banjos would taste like if that sound were edible.” – Isabel Quintero
24. “If you were to walk into any vendor of fine hot dogs and ask for a hot dog sandwich, they would probably report you to the FBI.” – Anthony Bourdain
25. “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a donut.” – Anonymous
26. “What was that saying? When life gives you lemons, go to a taco stand.”- Anonymous
27. “If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It’s just 3 more years that you want a donut.” -Lewis Black
28. “My mother always said, ‘When you’re eating pretzels, chew before you swallow’. Always listen to your mother.” – George W. Bush
Street Food Lover Quotes
We believe the heartbeat of local culture is found in street foods. As such, seeking out and eating street food on our culinary travels helps us connect even deeper.
Enjoy these street food captions that are so full of life and elegantly capture the deep-seated feelings of street food lovers.
29. “I love, love, love the street-cart food. Gyros are like a meat-flavored fruit roll-up. A meat roll-up.” – Kumail Nanjiani
30. “Discovering street food is like discovering a whole new planet.” – Anonymous
31. “There is no better feeling than feeding yourself street food.” – Anonymous
32. I always look for a hot dog wherever I go. Martha Stewart
33. “Local markets are a foodie’s friend.” – Authentic Food Quest
34. “I live for the days when I have no make-up on, just wearing my sweats and munching on street food.” – Anonymous
35. “There is no better feeling than eating street food after work.” – Anonymous
36. “Everything goes better with tacos.” – Rachel Caine
37. “Will fight heaven and hell over street food.” – Anonymous
38. “You can’t take away the street food in every street food lover.” – Anonymous
39. I always say, ‘Eat clean to stay fit; have a burger to stay sane.” -Gigi Hadid
Street Food Date Quotes
It has long been said that food is a way to a person’s heart. And, to buy street food and share it is an expression of that love.
Whether it is your first or one of many dates with a street food lover, you’ll love this collection of humorous street food date quotes.
40. “Love and sausage are alike. Can never have enough of either.” – Anonymous
41. “Happiness has to be about ‘eating spicy street foods with friends.” -Anonymous
42. “How about we take this to the bedroom… I whispered to my snacks.”- Anonymous
43. “Ways to my heart: Buy me food, make me food, and be food.” – Anonymous
44. “I have mad respect for people who appreciate street food. There is not a lot of us in this world.” – Anonymous
45. “…A hot dog with an interesting person is an amazing meal.” – Chris Rock
46. “I can form deeper friendships with street food lovers.” -Anonymous
47. “When people ask me what is more important, food or love, I don’t answer because I’m eating.” – Anonymous
Anthony Bourdain Street Food Quotes
Eating street food is going on an exciting culinary adventure. The late chef and author Anthony Bourdain, with whom we share a passion for showcasing local food cultures, shares his sincere love for street food.
Here are a few of our favorite Anthony Bourdain street food quotes.
48. “Sometimes the greatest meals on vacations are the ones you find when Plan A falls through.” – Anthony Bourdain
49. “Street food, I believe, is the salvation of the human race.” – Anthony Bourdain
50. “The more street food we have, the more it’s embraced by every income strata, the better world we have.” – Anthony Bourdain
51. “Your body is not a temple – it’s an amusement park.”- Anthony Bourdain
52. “I think of street food as the antidote to fast food; it’s a clear alternative to the king, the clown, and the colonel.” – Anthony Bourdain
Indian Street Food Quotes
Indian street food ranges in flavors, textures, and colors. For curious travelers, it’s about taking a tantalizing and exciting culinary adventure.
These Indian street food quotes capture the love for these diverse dishes.
Enjoy some of our favorite and endearing quotes that celebrate a much-loved cuisine.
53. “Vada Pav is not just food, it’s a way of life.” – Anonymous
54. “My relationship with pani puri is complicated. I love it but I’m not sure if it loves me.” – Anonymous
55. “So often these days eating Indian food passes for spirituality. I don’t meditate, I don’t pray, but I eat two samosas every day.” – Dan Bern
56. “The samosa is India’s soul food.” – Amit Roy
57. “The strongest people smile even after having a plate of spicy pani puri.” – Anonymous
58. “Those who haven’t tasted pani puri, have lived an incomplete life.” – Anonymous
59. “Where there’s tea, there’s hope.” – Arthur Wing Pinero
60. “The best things in life are free, like the sukha puri after the plate of pani puri.” – Anonymous
Street Food Quotes Tagalog
We were surprised by the diversity of street foods while exploring the cuisine in The Philippines.
You find street food all over the country including some notable street food hawkers who command so much attention.
There is much to love about Filipino food and these few food captions express it best.
61. “Filipino street food is life.” – Anonymous
62. “At some point, I will try balut. I will make sure that I will film it.” – Sam Tsu
63. “I think sisig is perfectly positioned to win the hearts and minds of the world as a whole.” – Anthony Bourdain
Street Food Quotes for Instagram
When you are eating on the streets, there comes a moment when you all want to shout and share how delicious the fast food and dishes are.
Instagram is your platform and a place to express your feelings and share your words. These street food quotes for Instagram make it easy to share.
Simply pick your favorite caption and share your love for street food.
64. “Happiness is enjoying the rain with street food.” – Anonymous
65. “I like hashtags because they look like waffles” – Anonymous
66. “Some people wanted champagne and caviar when they should have had beer and hot dogs.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
67. “Happiness is street food in itself.” – Anonymous
68. “Cotton candy is the most amazing form of caramelization ever invented by man” – Jose Andres
69. “Life is too short to eat bad street food.” – Anonymous
70. “I’m more American than apple pie. I’m like apple pie, with a hot dog in it.”- Stephen Colbert
71. “Street food is worth more than it actually is.” – Anonymous
72. “I am passionate about something and that’s street food” – Anonymous
73. “Food culture is like listening to the Beatles – it’s international, it’s very positive, it’s inventive and creative.” – Alice Waters
74. “Street food a day keeps the sadness away.” – Anonymous
Did you have any favorite street food quotes? Please let us know which ones in the comments below. Please let us know in the comments below your favorite quotes.
Savor the Adventure!
More Local Food Experiences and Recipes
Love Street Food Quotes? Pin It!
Rosemary is the editor-in-chief and strategist at Authentic Food Quest.
Traveling slow since 2015 with her partner, Claire, she has explored the cuisine in 45 countries and more than 240+ culinary cities.
Her writing about local food specialties has been featured in Lonely Planet, Business Insider, Honest Cooking, Food Insider, and Huffington Post.
As a food and travel writer, Rosemary has co-authored three books, including one in collaboration with Costa Brava Tourism.
Rosemary is an avid runner when she’s not eating and exploring new destinations. She has run ten marathons and counting.
Before Authentic Food Quest, Rosemary held senior-level strategy positions in advertising.
Find out more about Authentic Food Quest